Change of Address

The Immigration & Nationality Act (INA Section 265) requires all non-immigrants and permanent residents, including international students, scholars and their families, to report any change of address in the U.S. to the federal government. 

Immigration regulations require that you report any changes in address after arrival in the United States within ten days of moving.

To do so:

  1. Email your VISA office  Immigration Partner your new residential address AND

  2. Complete the address form which can be obtained from Personnel Records

F or J visas sponsored by other organizations or institutions:
Sponsorship by another organization refers to those with Fulbright sponsorship or other visa sponsorship and those working at Cedars Sinai on Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Academic Training from another school. In addition to completing steps 1 & 2, you must also report your change of address to your visa sponsor directly. Please contact your sponsoring institution or agency for details on how best to submit this information to them.  

All other immigration categories: H-1B, TN, O-1, E-3 and U.S. Permanent Residents: 
In addition to completing steps 1 & 2, you must also complete USCIS Form AR-11.