The Biobehavioral Research Core offers several options to Cedars-Sinai investigators for the assessment of rodent behavior. Prices vary depending on the services chosen, the number of animals and the time required for testing. Upon request, a cost estimate can be provided prior to the start of the study.
Biobehavioral Research Core hourly rates
- No Cost Consultation - The Biobehavioral Research Core director meets with the investigator and/or a knowledgeable laboratory member to discuss the investigator’s needs (animal models, behavioral tests, timeline, etc.).
- Professional Fee: $100/hr
The Biobehavioral Research Core staff is involved in the development of experimental design, the submission of IACUC protocol, the analysis of data (compilation, organization, statistics, and interpretation) and/or the preparation of reports (progress reports, manuscripts, and grant proposals). When requested, the Biobehavioral Research Core staff will develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and reports that follow FDA regulations and guidance for Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) to satisfy the requirements for investigational new drug (IND) application.
- Technician Fee: $100/hr
The biobehavioral research facility staff conducts the behavioral testing and provides the compiled and organized data to the investigator.
- Assistance Fee: $75/hr
The Biobehavioral Research Core provides training and/or direct supervision to the investigator’s laboratory staff. The core also provides the compiled and organized data to the investigator.
- Facility Fee: $50/hr
The investigator’s laboratory staff uses the testing equipment in the Biobehavioral Research Core after completing of adequate training. The core still provides indirect supervision.
- The facility fee includes the use of testing equipment and recording devices (video camera, DVD recorder, DVDs) when necessary, and the use of cleaning and decontamination supplies.
- The facility fee is included in the assistance fee and the technician fee.
- Cedars-Sinai investigators: For behavioral tests that require several days of testing, such as Barnes Maze and Fear Conditioning, time is billed for a maximum of five hours/day in the first week of testing, then a maximum of three hours/day in the second week and thereafter, independent of the testing option chosen.
- Under certain circumstances, special rates will apply and will be discussed on an individual basis after evaluating the investigator’s needs.
- The Biobehavioral Research Core is available for outside investigators with the Biobehavioral Research Core staff carrying out the behavioral testing (technician fee). All hours of core use are billed to outside investigators.
To verify the availability of the Biobehavioral Research Core for training and/or testing, investigators are encouraged to look at the Biobehavioral Research Core calendar. Select "Biobehavior" in the drop-down menu.
Service requests must be submitted using the Biobehavioral Research Service Request form.