Training & Curriculum
The length of the PGY-2 Pharmacy Hematology/Oncology Residency is one calendar year that begins each July 1st. Rotations include (but are not limited to):
- Inpatient oncology/hematology
- Inpatient blood and marrow transplantation (BMT)
- Outpatient hematology/oncology/BMT clinics
- Chemotherapy preparation and dispensing
- Pain/palliative/hospice care
- Research and investigational medications
- Pediatric hematology/oncology
- Inpatient infectious disease
- Drug use policy
- Informatics focused on oncology patient care needs
Residents develop a commitment to lifelong learning and professional practice through achieving professional competence serving as a member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team providing direct patient care during clinical rotations in inpatient and outpatient oncology practice. Residents also develop leadership skills in improving the safety of the medication-use system and develop problem-solving skills through participation in departmental and organizational initiatives and provide education and teaching for healthcare team and patients.
A major project completed throughout the year can be presented at Western States Conference.
Have Questions or Need Help?
Contact us if you would like to learn more about the PGY-2 Pharmacy Hematology/Oncology Residency Program at Cedars-Sinai.
Cedars-Sinai Department of Pharmacy Services
8700 Beverly Blvd.
South Tower, Room A903
Los Angeles, CA 90048