INSPIRE at Cedars-Sinai
Inspiring New Scientists through Professional Internships and Research Experience (INSPIRE) is a summer program at Cedars-Sinai designed to introduce current students and recent graduates to research in a healthcare setting through hands-on training and virtual workshops.
Students can participate in INSPIRE Internships (on-site) or INSPIRE Online. Information about the program, hosting an INSPIRE intern, student applications and program timelines can be found below.
- Principles of the research process (clinical, bench or translational research)
- Safety regulations for working in laboratory and research areas
- Appropriate use of protected health information (PHI)
- Research study design and hypothesis development
- Data collection and analysis
- Scientific literature review process
- Methods for writing an abstract, including endnotes and source citing
- Research discussions and presentation skills (lab meetings, Journal Clubs)