2024 Program Dates
- February 1, 2024: Application opens.
- February 15, 2024 , at 11:59 p.m. (PT): Application closes.
- April 1, 2024: All applicants are notified of program decisions. INSPIRE High School and INSPIRE Future Generations interns are notified of department and mentor placement.
- April 12, 2024: Deadline for accepted applicants to confirm participation.
- Mid-May 2024-Mid-June 2024: INSPIRE High School and INSPIRE Future Generations interns complete pre-appointment onboarding requirements.
- June 24, 2024: INSPIRE High School and INSPIRE Future Generations internships begin. Internships will last 6-10 weeks.
INSPIRE High School and INSPIRE Future Generations
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Visa sponsorship is not available.
- Applicants must be available to start the program Monday, June 24, 2024, and participate as an intern for the program's duration (6-10 weeks, depending on placement).
- Applicants must be in Los Angeles or the surrounding area and have reliable transportation to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for the duration of their internship. Housing and transportation funding is not available.
- INSPIRE High School: Applicants must be in high school for the 2024-25 academic year and be at least 16 years old prior to the program's start (Monday, June 24, 2024).
- INSPIRE Future Generations: Applicants must be an incoming student, current student or recent graduate from a technical, community, undergraduate or postbaccalaureate program and come from a background that is underrepresented in medicine, healthcare and research. This includes, but is not limited to, people of color, women, low-income people, first-generation college students, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities and protected veterans.