Ray Charles Foundation Scholarship
The Ray Charles Foundation (RCF), our program's largest donor, aims to promote and enhance diversity in neurosciences by emphasizing student participation from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).
RCF Scholarship Overview
These scholarships are for third- or fourth-year undergraduate students, graduate students and students currently enrolled in, or awaiting acceptance to, medical school or a residency program. As part of the foundation’s mission to empower young people through education, the scholarships support up to two students spending one year at Cedars-Sinai, gaining hands-on experience and learning from neuroscience leaders and mentors in a world-class facility.
Eligibility and How to Apply
This scholarship is for applicants who have a passion for neuroscience and are:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident aged 18 or older
- A third- or fourth-year undergraduate, graduate or medical student, or postgraduate student awaiting acceptance to medical school or a residency program
- Able to be in L.A. for the program period and arrange their own travel and living accommodations
Previous awardees are also eligible to apply for a subsequent year.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, we invite you to apply for a Ray Charles Foundation scholarship.
Available Areas of Research
- Alzheimer’s disease and memory disorder diagnostics and treatment
- Tumor immunology
- Blood-brain barrier and drug delivery
- Gene therapy and discovery
About Ray Charles
Ray Charles is one of the most iconic and influential singers in history and was often referred to as "The Genius."
Mr. Charles left an incredible legacy of music and philanthropy. We are grateful for the tremendous support from the Ray Charles Foundation to help build a pipeline of diversity in medicine and science.
“There is no challenge too great one cannot overcome.”