The Flow Cytometry Core is now open for business, with new safety guidelines (summarized below) that need to be strictly followed at all times. User can sign up (iLAB) for sorting or analyzer use appointments. Experimental consultation and user training continue to be provided virtually only.
- Users entering the core must wear clean gloves and face masks at all times while in the core/operating analyzers.
- Clean gloves are available by the door and need to be put on before touching any core equipment.
- All surfaces (including keyboards) must be wiped with disinfectant before and after use. Disinfectant wipes are available in the core; please do not take them away, as they are are crucial for core operations.
- Only 4 individuals can be at the core laboratory at a given time. Special protocols are in place for handling of samples for sorting. Only one member of each laboratory at the time. Users are required to maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from fellow researchers (including core personnel) when in the core. There are markings on the floor to indicate 6 feet of distance from individual machines.
- For users working with human fresh, not fixed samples: please contact core personnel before booking your appointment. There will be no sorting of acquisition of human fresh samples without pre-approval from core personnel.
- To avoid unnecessary contact, consultation for experimental design and other technical consultations with core staff can only be done virtually; please use the iLAB calendar to schedule virtual appointments.
- The Flow Cytometry Core is now offering virtual training for analyzers! Please email staff at email@example.com to schedule a training session or consultation
New User Policy
- All new users must have an iLab account with a valid project number for booking core instruments or services.
- All new users must be trained by core staff before they are allowed to use core analyzers.
Analyzer Usage Policy
- All users must make reservations through iLab calendar before they can use an analyzer.
- All users must use Kiosk to record analyzer usage.
- All Fortessa and LSR II users must sign the log sheet after using the analyzer.
- 2 hours booking limitation for each user between 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Last user of the day is responsible for turning off the instrument. (If the last user cancelled the reservation, he/she needs to notify the user before his/her reservation (or core staff) to shut down the instrument for the day).
- Cancellations must be done at least 4 hours before the start of the appointment. Late cancelation will be charge 50% of time booked.
- No-show for a reservation will be charged 100% of time booked.
- All users must run the cleaning protocol after using the instrument and refill the sheath tank and dump the waste tank.
Sorting Service Usage Policy
- Sorting machines are operated by Flow core staff only.
- Appointments for sorting experiments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- User must notify core staff 30 min ahead of the start of sorting experiment appointment if delays are anticipated.
- Sorting machine usage is billed from the starting time of the reserved time for appointment until the end of appointment.
- Cancellation need to be done at least 30 min before the reservation start. User needs to notify the core staff before cancellation.
- Late cancellation will be charge $45 for Aria III or $40 for Aria II.
- "No shows" (without notification of the core staff) will be charged 100% of time booked.
- Sorting of Biohazardous and potentially contagious samples (e.g. fresh blood of COVID-19, HIV patients) can be performed if users contact core staff ahead of time to make arrangements for compliance with safety measures defined by the Institutional Safety Office.
- Asking our IA for recommendations on new page request.
Have Questions or Need Help?
Contact us if you have questions or would like to learn more about the Flow Cytometry Core at Cedars-Sinai.
Cedars-Sinai Flow Cytometry Core
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Davis Building, Room 4029
Los Angeles, CA 90048