Simoa® HD-1 Analyzer
Quanterix's Simoa HD-1 Analyzer is a fully automated immunoassay platform with unprecedented ultra-sensitivity. Single molecule array (Simoa) testing can achieve quantitative biomarker analysis with sensitivity into the femtogram (fg/ml) range, representing up to 1,000 times higher sensitivity than traditional enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA).
How Simoa Technology Works
The main difference between Simoa and conventional immunoassays is in its ability to trap single molecules in femtoliter-sized wells, allowing for a digital readout.
This enhanced detection platform makes Simoa the premier choice for the quantitative detection of low-abundant and difficult-to-measure biomarkers where high sensitivity is an advantage.
- Single protein molecules are captured and labeled on beads using standard ELISA reagents.
- Tens of thousands of beads, with or without immunoconjugate, are mixed with enzyme substrate and loaded into individual femtoliter-sized wells that are engineered to house an individual bead.
- The microwells are sealed with oil.
- Fluorophore concentration in the small sample volume of wells containing the target analyte rapidly reach detectable limits using conventional fluorescence imaging which can be digitally counted.
- The percentage of beads containing labeled immunocomplexes can be computed at low concentration because they follow a Poisson distribution: at higher concentrations, the intensity of the aggregate signal provides an analog measurement.
Volume approximately 50–60 uL/assay for analysis of plasma, serum, central system fluid (cerebrospinal fluid, CSF), etc. Each assay must be carried out in duplicate and must achieve a %CV below 20 percent.
MESO QuickPlex SQ 120
The MESO QuickPlex SQ 120, a Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) platform, is the newest system from MSD. The MSD technology employs specific and accurate antibody arrays in a single well of a 96-well plate for maximizing available space for multiplexing and uses novel electrochemiluminescence for detection, which reduces background and enhances the dynamic range of the signals.
This high-performance multiplexing makes MSD the premier choice for accurate measurements of up to 10 analytes at a time within the same sample.
How MSD Technology Works
Volume approximately 10–50 uL/assay for analysis of plasma, serum, CSF, cell culture supernatant, cell lysate, etc. Each assay is carried out in duplicate and must achieve a %CV below 20%.