The admissions process of the Master's Degree Program in Health Delivery Science (MHDS) is competitive. The Admissions Committee is seeking ambitious professionals with strong performance in prior quantitative and analytical coursework, whose academic and/or professional achievements, communication skills and emotional intelligence demonstrate their potential to be high-performing leaders.
Who Should Apply?
The MHDS degree is designed for working professionals seeking to develop foundational skills and knowledge in health delivery science with an aim to become leaders in healthcare organizations. Many of our students have clinical degrees and seek to expand their influence and roles within and beyond their current organizations.
The program is ideal for those who may be considering a more traditional degree in public health but want greater exposure to modern analytic techniques and applied skills.
Application is due by June 21, 2023.
Key Deadlines 2023-24
September 1, 2022
June 21, 2023
June 30, 2023
Notifications of acceptance
July 15, 2023
Deadline to accept MHDS offer
August 28, 2023
First day of classes
Given the high number of applications, we are not able to grant in-person interviews for all candidates. Applications are judged on the basis of test scores, grades, personal statement and career goals, writing ability and letters of recommendation. Admitted students are given the opportunity to visit in person, meet with program leadership and tour the campus as needed prior to making final enrollment decisions.
- Completed Online Application, including payment of $55 application fee.
- Personal Statement: Three double-spaced pages maximum (about 1,000 words), detailing the applicant's reasons for wanting to pursue the MHDS. The essay must demonstrate enthusiasm for the curriculum and highlight specific ways in which the MHDS will help support the applicant’s career development. The Admissions Committee reviews the personal statement for writing skills as well as content. The personal statement should be submitted as part of the online application.
- Resume or CV: Generally, three years or more of work experience in the healthcare industry (hospital, health system, physician group, post-acute care facility, health plan, pharmaceutical or biotech company, clinical research, etc.), or an MD, PharmD, DPT or MSN is required. Exceptional candidates with less experience who can demonstrate specific interest in healthcare delivery will also be considered.
- Letters of Recommendation: A minimum of 2 letters must be submitted from persons who have supervised the applicant's academic work or job performance. These letters must be written on letterhead and accompanied by the recommendation form (PDF). The letters and forms should be mailed directly to the MHDS Admissions Office or emailed to email@example.com by the person writing the letter.
- The GRE is not required for applicants with a degree from a U.S. institution. Individuals who do not have a strong academic record in math, science or economics courses may wish to submit GRE or equivalent (MCAT, GMAT) scores to strengthen their application. Applicants with an advanced degree from a non-U.S. institution should inquire regarding their eligibility for a GRE waiver.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited institution with a grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. Those with a lower GPA but outstanding career achievement will be considered. Degrees earned outside the U.S. should be equivalent to a four-year U.S. baccalaureate degree. Although we anticipate most competitive applicants will have a degree in a biomedical field or other quantitative discipline, we will consider applicants with any BA or BS degree.
- Official Transcripts from every college or university attended, sent directly to the graduate program office. (See button below for transcript request form.)
- TOEFL Scores: Successful applicants will be highly proficient in spoken and written English. TOEFL scores may be required for applicants whose primary language is not English and who do not have a post-secondary degree from a U.S. institution.
- VISA: The MHDS program is designed for working professionals who hold full time jobs. Therefore, it is considered a part-time program, and we cannot accept applicants on F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- Additional Requirements: During the application process, all applicants will need to confirm that they have:
- Ability to attend five 3-day in-person sessions on the Cedars-Sinai campus
- A computer with the following hardware requirements
- Microphone and speakers
- Microsoft Office and a web browser installed on their computer
- Reliable, high-speed internet access
- A quiet location to attend classes
- Basic computer and internet skills (e.g., manage files, install software, use a web browser, receive and send emails, use basic functions in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Application Fee Waiver
The MHDS program will waive the application fee for applicants who are participating in—or who have participated in—a public service or other eligible program for at least a year. The fee waiver is a one-time offer for eligible applicants.
You are required to submit a letter from the program coordinator. Please email this letter to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting an online application to the graduate program. For applicants who have not participated in any of the above programs but feel they have an economic hardship that prevents them from paying the application fee, please contact the graduate program office for a fee waiver application.
Tuition and Assistance
The total cost of tuition and student fees is $23,000. Employees of Cedars-Sinai Health System® eligible for Cedars-Sinai's tuition assistance program may receive up to $15,750 in assistance.
We also provide a limited number of academic scholarships each year for highly meritorious candidates from both within and outside Cedars-Sinai.
How to Apply
To apply to the Cedars-Sinai Master's Degree Program in Health Delivery Science, please submit your online application here:
After submitting your online application, send your official transcripts (must come in secure form directly from the institution), official test scores and personal statement via email to email@example.com or mail to:
Cedars-Sinai Master's Degree Program in Health Delivery Science
ATTN: MHDS Admissions
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Pacific Design Center, Suite G-532
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Please have your letters of recommendation sent directly from your recommender to the address above or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All letters of recommendation should be on official letterhead and be accompanied by a recommendation form (PDF). Letters of recommendation are also due by June 21, 2023.
Should you have questions regarding your application or the admission requirements, please call 310-423-8294 or email email@example.com.
At Cedars-Sinai, we solicit and encourage applicants who will strengthen our diversity. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (40 or older), veteran status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal or state law.
Have Questions or Need Help?
If you have questions or wish to learn more about the MHDS program, please contact:
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
8687 Melrose Ave.
West Hollywood, CA 90069