Cedars-Sinai is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. In November of 2011, the ACCME awarded the accreditation with commendation. This six year accreditation is the highest award for a provider of continuing medical education for physicians.
ACCME accreditation seeks to assure the medical community and the public that Cedars-Sinai provides physicians with relevant, effective, practice-based continuing medical education that supports US health care quality improvement. The ACCME employs a rigorous, multilevel process for evaluating continuing medical education programs according to the high accreditation standards adopted by all seven ACCME member organizations.
These organizations, which represent the profession of medicine, are: the American Board of Medical Specialties; the American Hospital Association; the American Medical Association; the Association for Hospital Medical Education; the Association of American Medical Colleges; the Council of Medical Specialty Societies; and the Federation of State Medical Boards of the US Inc.
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS)
- ABMS Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
- California Medical Board
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed)