Shi completed his medical education in Shandong, China, then moved to Detroit as a doctoral student in the Anatomy & Cell Biology Department at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He is now undertaking new research on retinal vasculature in Alzheimer's disease in the Koronyo-Hamaoui Lab.
Brakta Gaire, PhD, received his bachelor’s in pharmaceutical sciences from Pokhara University, Nepal. He then earned a master’s in Korean medicine at Kyung Hee University and his doctorate in pharmacy at the College of Pharmacy, Gachon University, South Korea. Gaire is a project scientist in the Koronyo-Hamaoui Lab focusing on Alzheimer's disease research in immune therapies and retinal pathology.
Jallow earned a BA in chemistry from the University of South Florida. Previously at the Mayo Clinic, he is attending Meharry Medical College in Tennessee for his MD. Jallow is a Ray Charles Foundation Scholars Fund in Neurosurgery and working on immune therapy and retinal pathology projects in the Koronyo Lab.
Rentsendorj received her master’s in microbiology and doctorate in molecular biology at Lorand Eotvos University, Budapest, and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged. Previously, a fellow at St. Luke's, Chicago, Illinois; a scientist at the University of Southern California; and now a research associate at the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute.
Fuchs received her master’s in biology from the Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France, and her medical analysis certification from the Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France. In the Koronyo-Hamaoui Laboratory, Fuchs is studying the pathological and behavioral aspects of Alzheimer's disease following immune-based therapies in transgenic mouse models.
Davis received her bachelor’s in biology premed from Xavier University of Louisiana and her master’s from Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. Davis is the first Ray Charles Foundation Scholars Fund in Neurosurgery and conducts Alzheimer's disease research in immune therapies and retinal pathology in the Koronyo-Hamaoui Laboratory.
Read more about Miyah Davis, MSc.
Hoang is an undergraduate at UCLA majoring in microbiology, molecular genetics and immunology. Hoang volunteered in the Vossel Lab at UCLA where he researched the correlation of tau, Kv1.1 potassium channels and seizures with Alzheimer’s disease. Ryan joined the Koronyo Lab as a research intern on various Alzheimer’s projects.
Torbati earned her bachelor’s from UCLA in psychobiology. She is currently interning in the Koronyo-Hamaoui Lab while attending medical school at Western University of Health Sciences. Torbati’s lab work focuses on retinal detection of Alzheimer’s disease in addition to reduction of neuropathology in response to immunomodulation. She is a four-time winner of 1st place poster/oral presentations at UCLA, Cedars-Sinai, and other scientific conferences and has been featured by the American Neurological Association.
Koronyo received his bachelor’s in natural sciences and his master’s in molecular microbiology and biotechnology at Tel Aviv University, Israel. He has developed exclusive noninvasive imaging approaches for ex vivo and in vivo monitoring of pathological processes and immune cell infiltration in the retina of rodent models of neurodegenerative disorders.
Alumni Lab Members
- Arielle Kasindi, MD, 2021-2022, Research Fellow
- Jered Wilson, 2021-2022, Research Lab Assistant
- Mia Oviatt, BSc, 2016-2022, Research Grant Specialist II
- Julia Sheyn, BSc, 2010-2022, Research Associate
- Krishna Mandalia, 2019-2021, Research Intern
- Nazanin Mirzaei, PhD, 2018-2021, Postdoctoral Scientist
- Jonah Doustar, BA, 2015-2021, Research Associate
- Giovanna Regis, BA, 2017–19, Research Associate
- Songlin Li, PhD, 2014–16, Postdoctoral/Project Scientist
- Nadav J. Hart, BA, 2015–16, Research Intern
- Leah R. Zuroff, BSc, 2015, Research Intern
- Lindsey Pelissier, PsyD, MD, 2011–13, Research Student
- David Daley, BSc, 2013–16, Research Intern
- Michelle Moyseyev, BSc, Summers 2008–10, 2013–14, Undergraduate Student
- Brenda Salumbides, MSc, 2009–12, Research Associate
- Michael Pham, MSc, DO, 2009–11, Research Associate
- Jeffrey J. Yu, BSc, Summers 2010, 2011, Undergraduate Student
- Vladimir A. Ljubimov, MD, 2007, 2010, Undergraduate Student (honors thesis)
- Akop Seksenyan, PhD, 2007–09, Research Associate/Graduate Student (Rotation)
- Hillary Seidenberg, MD, 2009–11, Undergraduate Student
- Joshua Bakhsheshian, MSc, MD, 2007–08, Research Associate
- MinHee Ko, PhD, 2007–08, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Anna Fotinich, Minor in Research (Summer 2018)
- Andrew Kwon, Minor in Research (Summer 2018)
- Mychael Delgardo, Research Intern (Summer 2016)
- Dahabada Lopes, PhD, 2012-13, Project Scientist
- Patrick Hentschel, Research Intern (Summer 2012)
- Lauren Yu, Research Intern (Summer 2012)
- Jennifer Aye, MSc, 2010-11, Research Associate
- Melissa Liem, 2009–10, Research Intern (Co-Mentorship)
- Jatin Morar, 2008-09, Research Intern
- Iris Kulbatski, PhD, 2008-09, Postdoctoral Fellow (Co-Supervision)
- Azoulay David, PhD, 2007–09, Postdoctoral Fellow (Co-Supervision)
- Arseny Finkelstein, BSc, Visiting Graduate Student (Fall 2008)
- Patricia Rogeri, PhD, 2007–08, Postdoctoral Fellow (Co-Supervision)
- Gilad Kunis, MSc, Visiting Graduate Student (Summer–Fall 2007)
Contact the Koronyo-Hamaoui Lab
Cedars-Sinai Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Science Pavilion, Sixth Floor, Suite A6212
Los Angeles, CA 90048