The Li Laboratory specializes in the development of novel MRI techniques to address the research and clinical needs of cardiovascular imaging. Our group has developed and optimized various MRI methods for fast imaging of the heart and blood vessels, including coronary artery MR angiography, atherosclerosis imaging, myocardial perfusion and myocardial blood oxygenation evaluation. Our goal is early detection and characterization of heart disease using magnetic resonance imaging.
The Li Laboratory is affiliated with the Biomedical Imaging Research Institute.
Breakthrough Research Areas
- Magnetic Resonance Multitasking for Motion-Resolved Quantitive Cardiovascular Imaging
- International Whole-Brain Vessel Wall Imaging-Based Stroke Registry to Investigate Etiologies of Ischemic Stroke
- ECG and Navigator-Free 4-D Whole-Heart Coronary Magnetic Resonance Angiography
- Optimized Cardiac CEST MRI for Assessment of Metabolic Activity in the Heart
- Improving Noninvasive Therapy Evaluation of Stem-Cell-Based Treatment for Heart Failure with Diffusion Tensor MRI
- Noninvasive Measurement of Pressure Gradient across a Coronary Stenosis Using Phase-Contrast (PC)-MRI
- Coronary Atherosclerosis T1-Weighted Characterization with Integrated Anatomical Reference
- Ungated, Free-Breathing T1 Mapping
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the scientists, faculty members, investigators and other healthcare professionals of the Li Laboratory, whose dedicated efforts lead to groundbreaking discoveries.
For Prospective PhD Students
The Li Laboratory invites interested doctorate students to gain knowledge and hands-on experience. To apply for PhD studies in the Li Lab, you must have a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline. Prior internship or research experience on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is desirable but not required. Simply apply for admission to the Department of Bioengineering, UCLA, and choose Debiao Li, PhD, as your research adviser.
Xie Y, Kim YJ, Pang J, Kim JS, Yang Q, Wei J, Nguyen CT, Deng Z, Choi BW, Fan Z, Bairey Merz CN, Shah PK, Berman DS, Chang HJ, Li D.
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017 Jun; 10(6):637-648.
He Y, Pang J, Dai Q, Fan Z, An J, Li D.
Radiology. 2017 Jun; 283(3):923.
Nguyen C, Fan Z, Xie Y, Pang J, Speier P, Bi X, Kobashigawa J, Li D.
Magn Reson Med. 2016 Nov;76(5):1354-1363.
Contact the Li Lab
Cedars-Sinai Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Pacific Theaters 800
Los Angeles, CA 90048