I have seen firsthand the power of hypothesis-generating 'omic techniques to provide novel insight into pathology. As a classically trained physiologist, I also believe firmly in the power of hypothesis-driven research, and the careful confirmation and validation of observations produced during discovery experiments. I have over a decade of experience in mass spectrometry, bioinformatics and cardiovascular physiology that I am applying with a passion in order to positively impact clinical management and therapeutic options available for patients with vascular disease.
Breakthrough Research Areas
- Molecular profiling of aneurysm tissue from both murine models and human patients
- Clarifying how extracellular matrix, mechanosensing and metabolism pathways intersect during aneurysm pathogenesis
- Defining the proteomic anatomy of normal human arterial tissue and defining cell-type specific proteomic changes during atherosclerosis and aneurysm progression
- Development of human patient induced pluripotent stem cell models of vascular aneurysm
- Streamlining a workflow to test and validate tissue-derived protein biomarker candidates for their detectability and informativeness in the circulation
- Multiomic integration of proteomics with metabolomic, epigenomic, transcriptomic and the genomic landscape
Collaborations & Resources
Reagents and Resources
Parker SJ, Chen LL, Spivia W, Saylor G, Mao C, Venkatraman V, Holewinski R, Mastali M, Pandey R, Athas G, Yu G, Fu Q, Troxlair D, Vander Heide R, Herrington D, Van Eyk J, Wang Y.
Journal of Proteome Research. 2020.
Parker SJ, Stotland A, Orosco A, Wilson N, Gallo MacFarlane, E., Venkatraman V, Madrid K, Gottlieb R, Dietz H, Van Eyk J.
American Journal of Physiology – Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2018 315(5):H1112-H1126.
Stotland AS, Spivia W, Orosco A, Andres A, Gottlieb R, Van Eyk J, Parker SJ.
Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 2020.
Contact the Parker Lab
If you have any questions or would like more information about the research work at the Parker Laboratory, please give us a call.
127 S. San Vicente Blvd, Suite A9300
Los Angeles, CA 90048