Current research in the Slomka Laboratory focuses on developing innovative methods for fully automated analysis of nuclear cardiology data using novel algorithms and machine learning techniques, and on the development of integrated motion-corrected analysis of positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) angiography imaging. Research in the Slomka Laboratory is supported by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The Slomka Laboratory is affiliated with the Cedars-Sinai Division of Artificial Intelligence in the Department of Medicine, the Department of Cardiology and the Quantitative Diagnostic Software Group (QUAD).
Principal investigator Piotr Slomka, PhD, FACC, FASNC, is the director of Innovation in Imaging and professor of medicine and cardiology, Division of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine at Cedars-Sinai. He received his doctorate in medical biophysics in 1995 from the University of Western Ontario, Canada.
Piotr Slomka, PhD
- Quantitative Prediction of Disease and Outcomes from Next Generation SPECT and CT
- Integrated Analysis of Coronary Anatomy and Biology Using 18F-Fluoride PET and CT Angiography
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
- Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Department of Computational Mathematics, Science, and Engineering, Michigan State University, East Lansing
- Department of Medicine, Columbia University and Department of Radiology, Columbia University Medical Center and Departments of Radiology, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York
- Department of Nuclear Cardiology, Assuta Medical Centers, Tel Aviv, Israel and Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheba, Israel
- Department of Nuclear Medicine — Cardiac Imaging, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
- Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle
- Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ontario, Canada
- Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Medical Imaging Research Center and Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
- PeaceHealth Oregon Heart and Vascular Institute, Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, Springfield, Oregon
- Severance Cardiovascular Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
- Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Department of Nuclear Cardiology, Instituto Cardiovascular de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Division of Cardiology, Heart and Vascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania
- Department of Advanced Biomedical Sciences—Nuclear Medicine Program, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Department of Nuclear Cardiology, Oklahoma Heart Hospital
- Department of Cardiology, Swansea University Medical School, Wales
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the scientists, faculty members, investigators and other healthcare professionals of the Slomka Laboratory, whose dedicated efforts lead to groundbreaking discoveries.
The Slomka Laboratory has open positions for postdoctoral fellows, research software engineers and project scientists. To apply for a position with the Slomka Lab, please send a description of your interests together with your curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
Contact the Slomka Lab
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Suite Metro 203
Los Angeles, CA 90048