The Underhill Laboratory is focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms by which some white blood cells, called macrophages and dendritic cells, recognize microbial pathogens and direct inflammation.
The Underhill Laboratory is affiliated with the F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute and Department of Biomedical Sciences.
- A. Lenore Ackerman, MD, PhD
- Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Medicine
- Infectious and Immunologic Diseases Research Center
- MIRIAD IBD Biobank
- Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute
- Stephen L. Shiao, MD, PhD
- F. Widjaja Foundation Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the scientists, faculty members, investigators and other healthcare professionals of the Underhill Laboratory, whose dedicated efforts lead to groundbreaking discoveries.
Wheeler ML, Limon JJ, Underhill DM.
Annu Rev Pathol. 2017 Jan 24;12:359-385.
Wolf AJ, Liu GY, Underhill DM.
J Leukoc Biol. 2017 Jan;101(1):127-134.
Wolf AJ, Reyes CN, Liang W, Becker C, Shimada K, Wheeler ML, Cho HC, Popescu NI, Coggeshall KM, Arditi M, Underhill DM.
Cell. 2016 Jul 28;166(3):624-636.
Contact the Underhill Lab
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Davis Building, Room 4094F
Los Angeles, CA 90048