The program is directed towards residents (in the later years of their training), fellows, and junior faculty with aspirations to become clinical scientists.
All training programs and clinical departments are eligible to nominate candidates for competitive admission.
Requirements for admission include a baccalaureate degree (or its foreign equivalent) plus an MD or other health-related doctoral degree. High academic achievement and considerable interest in a career as a clinical investigator are required.
All Applicants must complete the Clinical Scholars Application Form , which includes items below.
- Clinical Scholars Application Form
- A current CV
- Personal statement of career goals
- A letter of recommendation from the Division Director, Departmental Chair, or Institute Director indicating the financial support and protected time being provided during the didactic and research years of the program. The letter must specifically state the source of the support.
- A letter of commitment by the applicant’s research mentor(s)
- A brief (two to three pages) description of the research project the applicant will be working on during the program.
All of the above information (items 1-6) should be sent to the Program Coordinator at the address below and an interview with the Program Director will then be scheduled:
Emma Yates Casler
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Atrium Bldg, Room 201
Los Angeles, CA 90048