Art of Research Image Contest
The Art of Research image contest aims to celebrate the outstanding research done by our postdoctoral fellows, while showcasing the beauty of science and research.
Gathering for Postdoctoral Science (GPS)
The monthly GPS meeting, organized by the Postdoc Society, gives Cedars-Sinai postdocs an opportunity to present their research and network with other postdocs. GPS is held on the second Monday of each month from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in the Harvey Morse Board Room. Lunch is served, and the event is open to all members of Cedars-Sinai's research community.
National Postdoctoral Appreciation Week
In 2018, we opened up with a Biotech Talk Panel w/ guest speakers Amanda Elson, PhD (Medical Writer, Kite Pharma Inc.), Jennifer Lovick, PhD (Senior Managing, Editor SAGE Publishing), Helen McBride, PhD (Director, BiosimilarsResearch at Amgen), Amy Wang, PhD,MBA (Chief Executive Officer, Enspire Inc) and ended with an Open House celebration.
Malaniak Awards for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research
The Malaniak Awards are an annual competition for Cedars-Sinai postdocs involved in basic and laboratory-based translational research studies.
- Ben Murray, PhD
- Ritchie Ho, PhD
Each won a $3,000 prize after presenting their work at the award session this year. The other finalists were Benjamin Bakondi, PhD, Justyna Kanska, PhD, and Irene van den Broek, PhD.
Cedars-Sinai Research Day
Research Day is an annual institutionwide event profiling the basic science, clinical and translational research conducted at Cedars-Sinai. Research Day, which takes place in January, consists of a plenary seminar featuring an eminent scientist, followed by a poster session to enable Cedars-Sinai postdocs, graduate students and other members of the research community to present their work. Research Day speakers:
- Michel Sadelain, MD, PhD (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 2018)
- Christine Seidman, MD, and Jonathan Seidman, PhD (Harvard Medical School, 2017)
- J. Craig Venter, PhD (J. Craig Venter Institute, 2016)
- James Spudich, PhD (Stanford, 2015)
- Jonathan Weissman, PhD (University of California at San Francisco, 2014)
- Joan Brugge, PhD (Harvard, 2013)
- Nobel Prize winner David Baltimore, PhD (Caltech, 2012)
- Richard Lifton, MD, PhD (Yale, 2011)
- Mark Davis, PhD (Stanford, 2010)
Stay tuned for announcements regarding Research Day 2019.