- The Gao Laboratory was awarded an NIH R01 grant— R01-DA-04-3678—"Effects of Prenatal Opiates on Infant Brain and Neurobehavioral Development."
- "Development of Amygdala Functional Connectivity During Infancy and its Relationship with 4-Year Behavioral Outcomes" has been published in Biological Psychiatry CNNI.
- "Growing a Social Brain" has been published in Nature Human Behaviour.
- "A Review on Neuroimaging Studies of Genetic and Environmental Influences on Early Brain Development" has been published in NeuroImage.
- "The UNC/UMN Baby Connectome Project (BCP): An Overview of the Study Design and Protocol Development" has been published online on NeuroImage.
- Wan Li in Gao Laboratory has been awarded the Merit Abstract Award for the 2018 OHBM Annual Meeting in Singapore in the amount of $2,000 for her work entitled "Whole Lifespan Development of Hippocampal Functional Connectivity."
- "Imaging Structural and Functional Brain Development in Early Childhood" was accepted for publication by Nature Reviews Neuroscience.
- The Gao Laboratory was awarded an NIH R01 grant—R01-DA-04-2988—"Effects of Prenatal Cocaine on Early Brain Functional Connectivity and Behavior"
- The Gao Laboratory was awarded an NIH R21 grant—1R21DA043171-01—"Functional Dissection of Prenatal Drug Effects on the Developing Brain and Behavior"
- "Functional Brain Parcellations of the Infant Brain and the Associated Developmental Trends" was accepted for publication by Cerebral Cortex.
- "Emergence of a Hierarchical Brain During Infancy Reflected by Stepwise Functional Connectivity" was accepted for publication by Human Brain Mapping.
- "Resting State Network Topology of the Ferret Brain" was published in Neuroimage.
- Longitudinal Study of the Emerging Functional Connectivity Asymmetry of Primary Language Regions During Infancy was featured by The Journal of Neuroscience "Language-Circuit Function Is Lateralized After First Year."
- Gao Laboratory received Cedars-Sinai Precision Health Award ($100,000) for "Personalized Prediction of Childhood Outcomes Based on Neonatal Variables."
- "Longitudinal Study of the Emerging Functional Connectivity Asymmetry of Primary Language Regions During Infancy" accepted by The Journal of Neuroscience.
- Biological Psychiatry has distributed a press release on our newly accepted paper "Neural Connectivity Evidence for a Categorical-Dimensional Hybrid Model of Autism Spectrum Disorder."
- "Thalamocortical Functional Connectivity and Behavioral Disruptions in Neonates with Prenatal Cocaine Exposure" accepted by Neurotoxicology and Teratology.
- "Changes of Intranetwork and Internetwork Functional Connectivity in Alzheimer's Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment" accepted by Journal of Neural Engineering.
- "Use of a Steady-State Baseline to Address Evoked vs. Oscillation Models of Visual Evoked Potential Origin" accepted by NeuroImage.
- "Functional Connectivity of the Infant Human Brain: Plastic and Modifiable" accepted by The Neuroscientist.
- "Neural Connectivity Evidence for a Categorical-Dimensional Hybrid Model of Autism Spectrum Disorder" accepted by Biological Psychiatry.
- "Structural and Maturational Covariance in Early Childhood Brain Development" accepted by Cerebral Cortex.