How would you recommend faculty maintain professional and personal vitality?
"We can't do this work alone. We need each other!"
- Build solid professional working relationships with colleagues both inside and outside your institution and academic medicine. Look for people you trust and respect to help you strategize and work through challenges.
- Spend time with family and friends. They provide the energy you need to do the important work we do.
- Develop a personal mission to strive for other than your career mission. Then work to incorporate your personal mission whenever appropriate into your career mission.
- When you get off track or derailed, identify what lessons you can learn from the situation and move on. Don't let the situation take charge of you!
- Find a mentor, someone who is invested in your success.