Cedars-Sinai is committed to attracting and developing the highest level of clinical and research faculty candidates. The resources below are designed to assist department chairs, institute directors, and search committee chairs and members in the search committee process. They are also intended to enhance the expansion and diversity of applicant pools in faculty searches.
To avoid unintentional bias, it is important for committee members to recognize the potential for positive and negative stereotyping. The following may be helpful to educate search committees on unconscious bias.
- Preface: Biases and Heuristics (5:14)
- Lesson 1: Schemas (3:12)
- Lesson 2: Attitudes and Stereotypes (4:13)
- Lesson 3: Real World Consequences (3:45)
- Lesson 4: Explicit v. Implicit Bias (2:49)
- Lesson 5: The IAT (5:14)
- Lesson 6: Countermeasures (5:23)
Outreach for Faculty Candidates
- National Medical Association Career Center/Job Postings
- AMA Resources for Minorities
- INSIGHT into Diversity